Moving to Bellingham & Joining Logos

Logos Bible SoftwareShanna and I are in the midst of a major transition. We are wrapping up things here in Greenville, SC (like packing and trying to sell or rent our condo) and preparing to move about 2,900 miles across the country to Bellingham, WA. I will be taking a job (in the marketing deparment) with Logos Research Systems, Inc., the makers of Logos Bible Software, and Shanna will be looking for work once we get settled in. I didn’t realize how big of a task preparing for a move like this would be! It’s good for us, though, because it’s making us rely upon God more than when we feel like we have things under control.

We’d appreciate your prayers. Here are some specific things you can pray for us:

1. That God would continue to pour out His grace on us and teach us to rely upon and rest in Him.
  2. That we would find a buyer or renter for our condo ASAP. Though the bank thinks we can afford two mortgages, I’m not convinced!
  3. That we would have a safe and enjoyable trip to Bellingham. We’ll be driving a 22′ Penske truck and pulling our car behind us! Pray especially that we won’t run into snow in the mountains.
  4. That we would adjust well to the weather and culture. Bellingham is very different from Greenville! We’re enjoying the sun while we still can! In fact, we’re heading out right now for one last picnic.
  5. That we would find a solid church where we can minister and grow. Silver Beach Community Church looks like it might be a pretty good fit.
  6. That Shanna would find an enjoyable and well-paying job. We are hoping that something will open up for Shanna at Logos, perhaps in the shipping department or as a receptionist. We have only one vehicle, so this would be ideal.
  7. That I would learn my job responsibilities quickly and perform them well.
  8. That I’d be able to make progress on my dissertation!
  9. That God would show us more of Himself and use us for His glory in this next chapter of our lives.

We’ll try to give an update once we arrive in Bellingham and get settled in.

If you’re in the Greenville area and want to lend a helping hand, give me a call (864-238-1989). We’ll be loading the truck on Tuesday afternoon (10/30).

, , , , , ,

16 Responses to Moving to Bellingham & Joining Logos

1. Mike Aubrey October 27, 2007 at 1:48 pm #

I’ll be praying that your move is smooth. I know how it is. Rachel and I’s move from Chicago to Dallas was a little stress at times with all the variables…

2. Bill Combs October 27, 2007 at 6:30 pm #

Congratulations Phil. I, of course, don’t know you personally but have heard Andy speak of you–I think he may have even said some nice things :) I am a Mac man since 1985 and long time Accordance user, but am interested in Logos for Mac. Maybe you can do something to speed that project along.

Bill Combs
    DBTS

3. Sean Boisen October 28, 2007 at 1:22 pm #

Phil:

Welcome to the team! I’m looking forward to meeting you in Bellingham.

4. Rick Brannan October 29, 2007 at 12:26 pm #

Hi Phil.

We’re looking forward to having you on the team! We’ll pray your trip from there to here goes well.

Rick Brannan

5. Mark Van Dyke October 29, 2007 at 12:46 pm #

Phil,

I’m looking forward to working with you! One thing I noticed in your post is that you’re worried about only having one car. Fear not! Whatcom County has an amazingly effecient (and very cheap) public transit system. My wife and I hold 3 and a half jobs between us and we only have one car.

6. Donn Heinrich October 29, 2007 at 5:48 pm #

Best wishes on your move and working at Logos.

7. Marcia November 2, 2007 at 1:53 pm #

I’m so happy for your guys and apprehensive for you as well, since I’ve never made such a transition myself. I’m sure you both are really excited.

They’ll have Shanna behind that receptionist desk in no time.

Shanna, I love you and will pray for you. Wish you were stopping by here on your way to Washington. :-| Will we see you at Christmas?

8. Tom Reynolds November 5, 2007 at 4:31 pm #

Congratulations! Does this mean you are replacing Daniel? I live in Vancouver, BC and I guarantee you will enjoy the Pacific Northwest. You can even have a picnic when you get here. It’s beautiful today! Don’t have so much fun with the Logos chili days and so forth that you get distracted from your disertation!

9. Josh Jensen November 14, 2007 at 10:40 am #

Yeah, Phil. Can you you speed up the Mac release of Logos? :) Seriously, though, I’m eagerly anticipating the Mac version. I hope they make it easy (and inexpensive!) for existing Logos users to make the switch.

10. Jacob Hantla November 14, 2007 at 11:17 pm #

Congratulations Phil. It will be a pleasure, I’m sure, working with you. I’m really excited that you’ll be covering the affiliate side of things and PR. I pray right now that you do a good job so that Logos grows to be even more effective and full of resources.

11. Landon Norton November 15, 2007 at 1:39 pm #

Welcome to Team Logos, Phil!

I look forward to meeting you and working with you on continuing to make Logos Bible Software the number one tool on the planet for Biblical research and personal study of God’s Word.

You have some big shoes to fill in Daniel Foster’s former postion, but I’m sure God has plans to use you in this new post.

Welcome!

12. Michael Patton November 16, 2007 at 1:31 am #

Phil, will be praying for you. I am glad to hear you will be with Logos. Keep us up to date my friend.

13. Carolyn June 21, 2008 at 2:00 pm #

hello! how did your move to bellingham go? i’m living in bellingham and wondering if you have found a church yet? how is Logos going? i know many people who work there with the help lines…

14. Carolyn June 21, 2008 at 2:01 pm #

you should come and check us out at Oikos Fellowship. we’re on Ellis and Gladstone. i’m sure someone there at Logos can tell you more. also me and my fiance are looking at moving out to SilverLake, are you there at a church?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. AndyNaselli.com - October 27, 2007

[…] Phil Gons just announced that he is now working for the makers of Logos Bible Software! […]

2. Seminarian - November 21, 2007

[…] Recently I had the blessing of picking up some of Phil Gons’ books to add to my Libronix library, bringing the total number of resources up to 3054. […]