I finished reading my first book this year, Tony Reinke’s Lit! A Christian Guide to Reading Books (Kindle | Vyrso). I read it on my Nexus 7 using the Vyrso app. If you want to read more books in 2013, you’ll find a lot of help and motivation from this fine book.
Tony gives six tips to help you read more books this year:
- Expect resistance from your heart.
- Make time to read, not excuses for why you don’t read. We all have good excuses.
- Cultivate a hunger for books by reading (and rereading) great books.
- Set your reading priorities, and let them drive your book selections.
- Stop doing something else in order to make time to read.
- Try reading three (or more) books at a time and take advantage of your environments.
On #5, I’ll be replacing some of my RSS reading with book reading.
Up next: Todd Billings’s Union with Christ: Reframing Theology and Ministry for the Church, which I’ll be reading in Vyrso.
What are you reading?