Or perhaps I should have titled that “Rob Bell Discusses Homosexuality and Andrew Wilson Discusses the Bible,” because there was a disturbing lack of Bible in Rob Bell’s answers and arguments. Instead, Rob argued along these lines (and I’m paraphrasing):
- People don’t like Christianity. Therefore, we should change the parts they don’t like.
- The modern world affirms homosexuality. Therefore, we should too.
- Monogamous homosexuals aren’t hurting anyone. Therefore, they’re not sinful.
- Monogamy is better than promiscuity because the latter is dangerous and destructive.
- Because homosexuals want to share their lives with each other, they should be able to.
I wasn’t familiar with Andrew Wilson prior to watching this video, but I appreciate the way he interacted with Rob. He was direct, logical, kind, persistent, and uncompromising.
Watch it for yourself.