Ryan Burns, an MDiv student at RTS Orlando and the main guy behind the Going to Seminary website, posts his 17-minute video interview with John Frame on issues related to seminary education. The interview goes into Frame’s views on the traditional model of seminary as expressed in these two pieces: “Learning at Jesus’ Feet: A Case for Seminary Training” and “Proposal for a New Seminary.”
Here are the questions that Frame answers:
- 00:08–03:31: “Can you discuss the pamphlet you wrote entitled, ‘Learning at Jesus’ Feet: A Case for Seminary Training’?”
- 03:32–08:20: “You wrote an article entitled, ‘Proposal for a New Seminary.’ Can you discuss the article and your current thoughts on the subject?”
- 08:21–10:36: “Do you know of any churches or seminaries doing what you proposed in that document?”
- 10:37–13:50: “What advice do you have for those in seminary or those thinking about going to seminary?”
- 13:51–17:13: “Many people don’t know this about you, but you play the organ. Would you play something for us?”
Good stuff. Here’s a three-and-a-half-minute clip:
You can watch the whole video at www.goingtoseminary.com/frame.
Update: Now there’s also a Vodcast you can subscribe to.